Department Manager - Accessories Wonder Room
Oxford Street, LondonThe Accessories division leads the way in providing an extraordinary customer experience through both world class service and an exceptional product offer. You’ll need a reputation built on exceptional leadership ability and impeccable service standards, and you’ll use these skills to ensure that the division stays at the forefront of Selfridges’ success.
Customer Service and Sales
- Delivering an extraordinary customer experience meeting sales & profit targets
- Creating an extraordinary selling experience for customers
- Consistently meeting customer needs & expectations & initiating improvements whenever possible
- To role model service behaviours and standards service and ensure team members meet these standards and address any gaps
- To monitor department sales (own bought and concession), identify opportunities and risks and take action to maximise sales
- To set realistic yet stretching sales targets for team.
- To review concession businesses, set improvement targets and deal with any issues
- To motivate the team to exceed sales targets, by developing skills in product knowledge, link selling, after sales service and awareness of other services within Selfridges
- To support the rollout of company-wide service initiatives
- Managing & leading our people through Performance Management & other available tools and processes.
- Lead by example, whilst promoting and setting standards which meet Selfridges’ values
- To support the organisations plans for succession with a focus on career progression and coaching
- Responsible for the assessment and recruitment of high calibre teams
- To manage the performance of all new starters and their buddies, ensuring they are fully supported to deliver
- To develop a strong team dynamic and build morale
- To ensure the performance of the team exceed expectations through setting and communicating standards and giving regular feedback and support
- Seek to continuously raise the benchmark and improve standards through ongoing development, coaching and performance management of the team
- To conduct performance reviews with team and concessions
- To ensure all team members are fully briefed on key business messages and communications in a timely and energising manner
- To proactively implement actions following the engagement survey
- To organise effective rotas ensuring the right person in the right place at the right time, and communicate these to the team in advance
- Ensuring the full trading window is efficiently managed
- Managing rotas to ensure departments are staffed to required levels
- Delivering visual standards which are high
- Ensuring Sales floors are legal & compliant
- To ensure that the team delivers the standard of product presentation
- To monitor standards through the completion of a daily floorwalk and the standards checklist and subsequent follow up / delivery
- To liaise and influence VM and B&M team to seek ways to improve visual presentation
- To plan & execute sale/peak set-up to timescale & standard set out by the business
- To ensure that all members of team are looking world class in the agreed dress code
- Ensuring a thorough brand and product knowledge
- Demonstrating an authentic and passionate understanding of brand, product and the competition
- Ensuring consistently well managed stocks and displays
- To manage stock levels and ensure no out-of-stocks of core lines
- To exceed stockloss KPI through effective management of procedures and stockloss action plan
- To ensure merchandise is replenished to support sell-through targets
- To effectively manage the best/worst sellers
- To proactively feedback to Sales Managers on trends and customer feedback and provide recommendations for improvement
- To forward plan for deliveries, events and new season
A fully flexible approach to weekend working is required. Typically this will include 2 full weekends out of 4 or 4 weekend days per month. These will be scheduled around the needs of the business and any personal requests. During Peak Trade it will be necessary to work extra weekends to support the business. These times include Sale periods, promotions etc. Any holidays taken will be counted towards your weekends off during that period.
Since Harry Gordon Selfridge first opened the doors of Selfridges Oxford Street, London in 1909, Selfridges has been dedicated to surprising, amusing and amazing its customers with astounding moments of retail theatre. Having won The Best Department Store in The World title three times (2010, 2012 and 2014) along with World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store in 2016, Selfridges is renowned as being the premier destination for a truly extraordinary customer experience, whether you’re shopping online or in store.
Know what's in it for you
Employees at Selfridges’ stores and head offices enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits.
They also know that Selfridges is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow.
Key benefits include a generous staff discount, 27 days’ holiday, gym membership offers and great bonus potential.
Follow us on Twitter: @SelfridgesJobs
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/selfridges